Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Updates--we're learning stuff!

That's right, Lucy and I are learning stuff.

Here's what Lucy learned:
1. How to sit up for a few minutes...then she falls over and cries.
2. How to get where she wants to go. She can logroll pretty quickly, and is doing the funniest looking inchworm scoot. I'll put up a video if I ever figure out how to get them out of the video camera!
3. How to stand up if she's holding on to something. Well, and then she falls over and cries.
4. Teething hurts.
5. Pulling Mommy's hair is FUNNY because it makes Mommy make some pretty ridiculous noises.

And here's what I learned:
1. I'm a better mom if I don't stay up until 3 am!
2. How to breastfeed Lucy while I'm wearing her in the mei tai. This is a biggie, folks.
3. How to put Lucy down for a nap while I'm wearing her on my back. Finally! This was basically the whole reason I wanted to learn how to baby-wear. And now, 5 months later, we can do it! Lucy's sleeping on my back right now, and breathing so sweetly on my neck.

Tim's learning a lot too. He plays with Lucy every morning for a few hours, so I can sleep in. He and Lucy have their own special games, and he's becoming an expert settling her down when she cries. It's so sweet...now when Lucy wakes up in the morning, she rolls over to him, whaps him with her fists, and yells at him. She wants him to get up and play with her! Meanwhile, she totally ignores me in the mornings, unless she's ready for breakfast.

I'll see if I can find some pictures of all of this!

1 comment:

  1. My son Nicholas also does the inchworm scoot thing! It's so funny!

    ReplyDelete