Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A year ago today

This is me, with a tiny you inside me. We were at an Indian restaurant with Aunt Karima, celebrating finding out that we were having a baby you!


And here you are today, a year later, bringing joy to your Daddy's life.



Dear Lucy,

A year ago today, we found out that we were pregnant with you. It was so exciting that you came to us so soon...we had just started trying! It was like we wished for you, and there you were. In my favorite story, when the women get pregnant they know right away, that very second. I always hoped that it would be like that for me. I didn't feel you right that second, but even before we took the pregnancy test, I could feel you with me.

It was so hard to wait until the day that I could finally take the test. That night, I stopped by the flower stand to buy a bouquet of flowers for Daddy. I already knew that we would find out for sure that we were having you. Daddy was asleep when I got home, but I just couldn't wait until morning. I woke him up, took the test, and then went into the bedroom to snuggle with him and read a bit of my favorite story while we waited. I went back into the bathroom, and the test said PREGNANT! Oh, I was so happy. I think it was the happiest I had ever been. I told Daddy, and he just giggled. He laughed all night!

And here we are, a year later. I grew you inside me, I birthed you, and now you've been out in the world for 3 months. You're just starting to grab onto your toys and put them in your mouth. You wake us up every morning by screeching gleefully as loud as you can. You love going for walks in the sling, and you still fall asleep against my chest almost every time we're walking. You always laugh when your Daddy tickles your fat, roly-poly thighs. You're starting to get teeth, and it makes you a sad baby. You smile at me as soon as you hear me start to sing your favorite songs. Oh Lucy, we love having you here with us! Being your mama is such a delight.

I love you,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. Quick thought: This is stuff you want to save, right?

    I might consider backing it up onto your own hard drive or an external drive or something just to be sure. Not that there's any reason to think Google would suddenly have an accident and lose your data of course...but it wouldn't take too long and never hurts to be sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for babies!

    sorry i've been out of touch...but i still want to meet up sometime! let's try to make it happen. what borough are you in, again? we're in brooklyn (duh).

    ReplyDelete